Welcome to the web home of World Gospel Mission's Buvuma Islands Ministry.
The Buvuma Islands are a chain of over 50 islands in Lake Victoria. Primarily in Uganda's territorial waters, the 20,000 residents of Buvuma are sustained primarily through fishing and cutting timber, which will be sold for making into charcoal.
World Gospel Mission, an international, interdenominational Christian mission organization began ministry on the islands in 2000. Projects on the islands include:
- church planting and evangelism,
- holistic community health and development,
- pastoral training,
- orphans assistance,
- assistance to small scale farmers,
- clean water projects, and
- primary school education.
Please feel to explore our website to learn of the amazing things that God is doing on the islands, and how you can be involved.